Bulgaria is a country located in Southeastern Europe. It shares borders with Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, and Turkey. The official language is Bulgarian.
Below is a selection of resources for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner.
General Job Search Engines and Classifieds
With the sites below, you can expect to get a 0.5 to 1.0% response rate (people who will respond to you to whom you sent your application/CV.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try as you never know what you will come up with or what connections you can make from a simple e-mail or application.
- Jobs.bg: The best Bulgarian job search engine.
- Job Tiger: A popular Bulgarian recruitment portal.
- Career Jet: I’m sure you’ve heard of Career Jet. They have job search options for Bulgaria.
- Jobs Agents: A simple but effective job search site for Bulgaria.
- Learn 4 Good: Learn 4 Good tends to lean more towards teaching opportunities, but I’ve seen jobs in other sectors as well.
Teaching English might be an option. All of the sites below are pretty similar and have a massive amount of teaching English job options. Browse through each of the sites for teaching English job opportunities in Bulgaria. Also, be sure to check out this cool table from the International TEFL academy that shows how much money teachers can expect to make in various countries around the world.
- ESL Employment: Not the most beautiful interface, but who needs a pretty website when you have so many English teaching job options to choose from.
- Total ESL: Also an overly busy interface but a wealth of job postings for teaching jobs abroad.
- ESL Cafe: Dave does a great job of compiling some of the best job openings from around the world.
- Tesall: Big teaching jobs aggregator.
Other Websites and Blogs
- National Employment Agency: A brief blurb from the National Employment Agency.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Overseas Jobs: I find that there is often a significant overlap between the postings on this site and that of other sites. Nevertheless, this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information portion of my website, you will find where I have linked to their global embassies directory. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in Bulgaria as a foreigner.
This article was curated from Visa Hunter Featured Image Credit: Photo by Dimitry Anikin on Unsplash